Tuesday 13 August 2013

Fin!

The extra day at the hostel was a blast.  There was an old rickety upright piano and one resident had an acoustic bass guitar. It was also the hostel owner's birthday.  There was good food, drink and lots of cheery people!


En route to Baie St. Paul,  I passed this farmer's fruit stand. I bought some fresh, juicy raspberries. Mmmm I love raspberries!



A view of Baie St. Paul


After many days of hills, finally, the last hill!  This was certainly the most audacious of them all, as if Quebec had been saving the "best" for last all along.  It took an hour to climb to the peak.



To add insult to injury, I caught a flat right at the start of the descent.


A little while later, there was a steep drop into Beaupre.  After Beaupre, the terrain to Quebec is as flat as the prairies.

 


Mont Morency falls early in the morning.



Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City.  For me, my third time in the city of Quebec (twice this trip).


Classy victory lunch in the city... yeah! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment