Friday 2 August 2013

Run for the Hills - Jonquiere to La Malbaie

I'm taking the long way back to Quebec. It is 300 km of hills followed by 30 km of flat.

This way to Tadoussac, and this way to Jonquiere!


The scene in Chicoutimi


Going up!


Whew! Made it!


What goes up must go down...


Animals.




Like a mirage, the perfect respite for a tuckered cyclist!




I set up camp in Tadoussac. Overnight, the skies opened up and it began to pour. Luckily, I didn't set my tent in the local minimum.


I had to teardown in the rain. Everything got soaked to the bone - except the camera - it seems to have spent the night swilling beer at the local pub.


More ups and downs (the ups outweighed the downs at this point, I shall have you know). Thunderstorms persisted throughout the day, making it impossible to dry anything out.


A welcome sign






With a little extra to spare, I an staying at a hostel for the next two nights to rest and dry out for the last 100 km of hills before Quebec.

1 comment: